How to Measure & Fit
Inside Window Opening
- Measure the width of the recess from wall to wall in three places, note the smallest measurement.
- Measure the drop of the recess from the top of the recess to the window sill in three places, note the smallest measurement.
- Enter the width and drop recorded in to our website as a RECESS measurement type.
Outside Window Opening
- Measure the exact width of your window and add approximately 10cm (4″) to ensure the blind overlaps the window, record this measurement.
- Measure the exact drop of your window and add approximately 10cm (4″) to ensure the blind overlaps the window, record this measurement.
- Enter the width and drop recorded in to our website as an EXACT measurement type.
Important Note when Measuring for Roller Blinds
When measuring for Roller Blinds, please note the finished fabric width will be approximately 40mm less than a recess measurement and approximately 35mm less than an exact measurement. Please note these measurements are approximates, exact measurements can be supplied upon request based on the control type and fabric chosen.
Important Note when Measuring for Vertical Blinds
When measuring for Vertical Blinds from an existing blind, please measure from the top of the headrail to the bottom of the fabric and order as an “exact” measurement. We will make an allowance to the louvre length to allow for the headrail supplied with your new blind.
Perfect Fit Blinds Measuring & Fitting Video
Additional Measuring Instructions
How do I measure for;
What is the difference between a recess and an exact measurement?
A recess measurement is the distance between the top and bottom of the window opening, and from side to side. Be sure to measure in several different places and take the smallest measurement. If you provide a recess measurement we will automatically deduct a required amount for each blind to ensure a perfect fit.
An exact measurement is the size you would like the blind to be made. We will not make any allowances. As when taking a recess size, please ensure several measurements are recorded taking in to account tiles and dado rails.
As of 28th February 2014 it became law that all window blinds must be fitted with a child safety device upon the installation of each and every blind. Rest assured; when ordering your new window blind with us, we will send the correct safety device for your blind along with fitting instructions to make certain your blind is made safe when installing. Without the safety device fitted the blind is not compliant and should not be installed. We will also make the necessary adjustments to the blind control length to make certain the blind supplied is compliant.
How to fit;
- Vertical Blinds
- Sidewinder & Spring Roller Blinds (Faber system)
- Sidewinder Roller Blinds (Unishade system)
- Sidewinder Roller Blinds (Louvolite system)
- Spring Roller Blinds (Louvolite system)
- Excel Roller Blinds
- Aluminium Venetian Blinds
- Wooden Venetian Blinds
- Faux Wooden Venetian Blinds
- Pleated Blinds
- Roman Blinds
- Panel Blinds
- Perfect Fit Blinds
- Perfect Fit Roller Blinds
- Skye Skylight Blinds