Choosing the Perfect Window Blinds for your Home
Choosing the Perfect Window Blinds for Your Home: Pros and Cons of Each
There are several types of blinds that you can choose for your house. But some of the factors that will influence your decision are the costs of the blinds, the colours available, the space you want covering and simply what you would prefer. Below are some of the most common types of blinds that you could go for: http://www.themost10.com/common-blinds-and-shades/
These are best for large windows that go way down to the floor. Also if you have a sliding patio door, this would be a perfect choice.
- They are easy to clean.
- They make the window appear larger due to their full-length height.
- It is possible to replace part of a blind if it gets torn without having to replace the entire blind.
- They are easy to use since they can be opened partially to give access to the door or window.
- They are available in different heights and lengths.
- They make a lot of noise when opening, closing or blown by the wind.
- The gaps on the blinds make it not appropriate for private rooms.
- The constant swinging makes them wear and tear fast.
They are stylish and architectural. They could be different prices depending on the design and how large it is too.
- They increase the sense of style to a rather dull room.
- They come in different colours, dimensions, and finishes. Therefore you have a broad range of choices to make.
- They are flexible as they can be opened and closed even halfway.
- They are way too heavy hence they cannot be installed on large windows as it would be tiresome to open and close.
- The vanes are big therefore when opened it results in a large stuck at the top of the window.
- The darker shades of these blinds tend to show dust more quickly.
These are very common, and they add to the aesthetics of a home. You need to take your time and effort when selecting these so that you can make the right decision. They can be used alone or alongside curtains.
- They are easy to raise or lower.
- They come in different colours, materials, designs, styles and textures.
- They are easy to install for the first time.
- They are easy to clean as you do not even have to remove them, just wipe where they are.
- You can go for custom made roller blinds for your home which complement the entire look.
- They are not the best choice to go for is you want to maintain that old look in your home.
- Some materials are hard to clean.
These are cheap and very stylish to have in your home. There are many designs to go for too.
- They come in different sizes and colours.
- The vanes rest neatly together at the top hence enough light gets in.
- They are very durable.
- They can get very noisy when opening, closing or if blown by the wind.
- The thinner vanes tend to get creased; hence they can are easily damaged.
These have been there for a long time. They are the best when you want to accomplish that ancient look in your house. They come in different styles and colours.
- They have a timeless style that you cannot get from the other types of blinds.
- They offer softness and a soothing effect on the window.
- There are different designs; masculine, and feminine.
- They create a thick stuck up the window when drawn up reducing the view and the light that gets in.
- You cannot open them partially; they are either up or down.