20 Ways To Decorate Your Living Room For Christmas
With the holiday season quickly approaching, it’s time to get in the mood and what better way to start than looking at decorations for your living room. Here at SoEasy Blinds we offer a wide range of fantastic blinds including our very popular perfect fit blinds, roller blinds & panel blinds. There’s no better feeling than a warm, cosy fire surrounded by family and friends and with a living room decorated in the holiday spirit.
Get inspired and deck your halls this year with our helpful guide. Shop our fantastic selection of blinds to accompany these tips and amaze your family and friends with a winter wonderland!
1. Ditch the traditional green and red colour scheme for Christmas this year and go all out for decorations that stand out from the crowd.
2. Go for the simple yet elegant look and be amazed by the sophisticated feel throughout your living room. Have a focus point in the room and try the subtle look to achieve the best results.
3. If you are going to stick to the traditions and opt for green and red, go all out and create a cosy and inviting living space for all your family and friends. Be sure to incorporate the existing elements of your room when redecorating, taking advantage of fireplaces and coffee tables to make the most of it.
4. We’ve all dreamed of a white Christmas and you can now make the dream a reality. Monochromatic decor schemes are increasingly popular and there’s no surprise as to why. They’re easy to manage and offer a classy look that will be truly appreciated by all. The clean, airy and bright connotations of the colour white will definitely add to the holiday feel in your home.
5. Make the whole process easy by not overcomplicating things, simplicity is key in some cases and no job has to be a massive undertaking. Functional decor doesn’t have to overpower the room; create a Christmas feel with the basics, a tree, some garland and a selection of candles.
6. Show off your arts and crafts this Christmas and create centrepieces that feature holiday colours. There’s no harm in also getting creative with the tree either, there are plenty of guides out there on how to spruce up your Christmas tree with a bit of DIY.
7. Don’t force a certain decor or colour scheme, it can ruin something that is perfectly good in the first place. The best decorations are not forced – they work well with the rest of the room, be sure to keep the holiday decor in line with the colour palette of the room.
8. It’s important to always keep in mind the space and size of your room. Having a tree that isn’t in proportion with the rest of your room can result in you looking like an elf or giant when next to it. Utilise the space for decorations is crucial in creating that homey feel.
9. Don’t be afraid to under-decorate, it’s okay to scale back on your Christmas decor but have the smaller details show out. You can create a Christmas feel with slight accents and the glow of a candle or two.
10. Whatever space you’re living in, be it an apartment, a house or a dorm room, making the most of your space is really important. Work with the obvious natural elements and come up with a scheme that compliments these factors.
11. Use metallics to create a seasonal feel in your living from this Christmas. From gold to silver, you can create a sparkly atmosphere that will no doubt impress your guests. Have a play around and experiment, this time of the year is the best for pushing your boundaries.
12. The holiday season is all about having a great time with those closest to you so have fun when decorating. It doesn’t have to be overdone but personal touches that make you happy can add a lot of goodness to the room, from which all will benefit.
13. Love a modern setting? Go for a neutral colour setting with a minimalistic look to achieve the perfect modern look that will be appreciated by both your friends and family. It doesn’t have to draw on the traditional bright colours of Christmas, go your own way and achieve a modern look for great results.
14. Go back in time this holiday period and bring a vintage look to your decor with old sleds, vintage decorations and more elements to create that nostalgic look. Not only does this add a different feel it also incorporates a personalised touch to the decorations.
15. Christmas displays are very popular and there’s no surprise as to why, they often bring together all the best things about Christmas in one place. Create a space in your room and fill it with you favourite decorations, it doesn’t have to have a reason it be done just because you love Christmas.
16. Many homes around nowadays don’t have a fireplace but don’t let that stop you. Use different techniques and objects to display stockings and other festive items. Not only does it use up otherwise dead space, it also adds an extra bit of holiday cheer to the room.
17. It’s easy to create an inviting space when you include vintage style elements. go for a frosted Christmas tree and even think about scattering sprigs of evergreen around the room to add a rustic feel to your surroundings.
18. Take a leaf out of the Scandinavian books and go for a streamlined look that focuses on one or two colours. You don’t have to overdo it on the little things to have a holiday feel, keep it casual and enjoy a beautifully festive room that can be loved and enjoyed by friends & family.
19. Incorporate an elegant and fancy look with different types of Christmas trees. For example, add a gilded tree to your room and you’ll impress everyone with your focal point that effortlessly carries the whole room.
20. One of the most important ways to decorate your living room for Christmas is to ensure the room stays as cosy as possible. You’re likely to spend most of the festive period lounging around, enjoying food and drink with your closest family and friends so why hold back. Deck your living room out for the holidays but ensure that above everything, it stays a cosy place that people can relax and enjoy the holiday season in.
Update Your Blinds & Curtains For Winter
However you choose to decorate your home this holiday season, be sure to rely on us for the best blinds and curtains. Whether you’re going all out or opting for a more reserved look, we’ve got the blinds and curtains to match, browse the full range today and discover our spend more, save more scheme today that offers savings on purchases from £50 to £500.